Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Are we the only weird ones?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is not true, I contacted AG asking the reason for the change and they told me specifically because they wanted to make her look different from ELizabeth.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Someone here who was in the know, I think it was NellieGirl said they told her the change was to make Elizabeth different from Ruthie, who they think they will sell more of because Kit is far more popular than Felicity is.

    This makes FAR more sense. If they'd wanted to make sure Felicity and Elizabeth looked different, it would have been easier to just change Felicity's hair color.

    I think the line about changing her to look less like Felicity is just the line they give people to sound better.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't believe that they would actually think Elizabeth would look too much like Felicity if they hadn't changed her.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> AG changed Elizabeth's look from brown hair to blonde hair and blue eyes simply to distinct her look from Felicity...I also agree she would have looked too much Felicity.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, they did it so she would look distinct from Ruthie.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, well, that in my opinion holds no water either.

    Because now she looks like Nellie. And not in the way Marisol looks like Nellie, or even in the way Josefina looks like Marisol (b/c there are two different skin tones involved there). The more I look at her, the more I think - Nellie.

    Give Elizabeth and Ruthie two different face molds, and you have two different dolls. So I wonder about that, too. I don't doubt that someone in the know told you that, I just wonder about the logic behind it.

    ETA: you'd think they'd give each of the friends a different face mold. Because I KNOW what my father would've said (and what DH will say if I ask for her as a gift): "She looks just like that other doll you've got". I'd think some daddies would be reluctant to agree to another doll that looks just like the last one they just shelled out $100 for.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 02, 2005 08:31 PM: Message edited by: mollymom ]</font>

  4. #24
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, well, that in my opinion holds no water either.
    Because now she looks like Nellie. And not in the way Marisol looks like Nellie, or even in the way Josefina looks like Marisol (b/c there are two different skin tones involved there). The more I look at her, the more I think - Nellie.

    Give Elizabeth and Ruthie two different face molds, and you have two different dolls. So I wonder about that, too. I don't doubt that someone in the know told you that, I just wonder about the logic behind it.

    ETA: you'd think they'd give each of the friends a different face mold. Because I KNOW what my father would've said (and what DH will say if I ask for her as a gift): "She looks just like that other doll you've got". I'd think some daddies would be reluctant to agree to another doll that looks just like the last one they just shelled out $100 for.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree that now she looks a bit too much like Nellie. Sad how fast they've over used that face mold. It was SO unique when Josefina has it, now it's on 4 dolls. As far as historicals go, it's nearly as over used as the original mold is now. Obviously there aren't as many, but the novelty of a "different" face has worn off very fast!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    posted by kamakajr:

    For $100, I thought Elizabeth was a great deal and a wonderful surrogate Kailey. DD loves her pink and girly gown. Maybe if I find Kailey's accessories on ebay, Elizabeth can try her hand at (gulp) boogie boarding. How's that for a revolutionary babe?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny that you want to use Elizabeth as Kailey, becuase I was just thinking to myself, "what if I just use Kailey as Elizabeth?"

    Take out her side braids, and least she doesn't have the bangs, pull her hair into that soft pony, put on a colonial dress, and voila! She's the "new" Elizabeth!

    I've been saying that I wanted to hold off on E till Diana's birthday, but maybe I won't even get her. I KNOW I'll be getting lots of things from her collection, as well as new items for our Felicity.

    Laurie

  6. #26
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nope, you're not at all alone. I just got off the phone with Ingrid, and I passed on Elizabeth. I can't stomach the color of the dress, but will reserve a "no-way-no-how" judgement until I see her in person. I *did* order some of her outfits for Felicity. (And Felicity's riding outfit, Noah's ark and mini Elizabeth.)
    The countdown to Sept 1 begins!

  7. #27
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree completely. I think Elizabeth is pretty, but if I ever got her, she would be re-named Abigail. But I dont have the space for another doll while Im living at home anyway, so I wont be losing any sleep over it. Down the road though, I would like to have some form of Elizabeth and will probably rewig some brown-eyed doll to get her. I liked about half of the new stuff. And Im really worried about these new dresses fitting Lissie. Which is a crock if I ever heard one. I dont expect all these dolls to be the exact same size, but to create such a vast differance (which probably came down to cost, making the dolls smaller would be less money on plastic, stuffing and cloth) that old dolls cant wear new clothes is ******* ridiculous. [img]mad.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't get Elizabeth either but that's mainly because I ordered her from my PS.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i am not getting Elizabeth either, she is pretty, but she is NOT elizabeth. Elizabeth has dark brown hair and brown eyes. Even if AG changes her in the books and stuff, she still wont be Elizabeth (did that make ANY sense?)
    I like alot of her stuff though...but her riding habit is VERY impractrical (i would have gotton it if it was blue) I'll probebly get some of her clothes and her doll for a doll that i will make into elizabeth.
    And I'm sorta glad i dont like some of the stuff, cause if i did....i would go broke!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by wildpony:
    i am not getting Elizabeth either, she is pretty, but she is NOT elizabeth. Elizabeth has dark brown hair and brown eyes. Even if AG changes her in the books and stuff, she still wont be Elizabeth (did that make ANY sense?)
    I like alot of her stuff though...but her riding habit is VERY impractrical (i would have gotton it if it was blue) I'll probebly get some of her clothes and her doll for a doll that i will make into elizabeth.
    And I'm sorta glad i dont like some of the stuff, cause if i did....i would go broke!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, that did make sense [img]wink.gif[/img] The true character of Elizabeth will always be a dark brunnette with big doe eyes. And I agree with other comment someone else made. While Elizabeth is certainly wealthier and not as tom-boyish as Felicity, shes not a prissy girl either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •